Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

C is for Caloundra - A-Z Guidebook linkup


Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast has long been a favourite getaway spot for Queenslanders. Offering four or five different beaches, there's plenty of sand and waves for everyone. 

When my husband and I first started dating we took a weekend away at Bulcock Beach and it's been a top spot of ours ever since. Facing Pumicestone Passage, there's no surf so the calm water attracts young families and people who just want to float around in the sparkling sea. 

Caloundra itself has changed a lot over the decades with more and more holiday apartments going up, but it has retained a lot of its sleepy seaside town appeal. 

There's not a lot to do unless like me you're a fan of late breakfasts, going for walks, reading trashy novels, eating ice cream, having a paddle and taking afternoon naps like me!

And at only 1-2 hours drive north of Brisbane (depending on traffic), it's close enough to home that you don't have to waste a lot of your precious holiday time getting there. 

Do you have a favourite beach holiday spot?

8 comments:

  1. I love Caloundra and what a great spot to simply relax and enjoy! I think most Aussies should venture there at least once! Glad we are connected through Fiona's travel series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge fan of the Sunshine Coast in general but yes it is a top spot!

      Delete
  2. I love Caloundra! Do they still have those fab markets on every Sunday? My favourite beach in QLD is Kings Beach. The last time I was there, a life guard pulled a large sea turtle out of the water about 20 feet from where I was swimming! Amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they do still have the markets! Wow that would have been cool to see a turtle like that! I believe there's even a cafe there called the Blue Turtle or something similar :)

      Delete
  3. Well I just love this post. We visited Caloundra a few months back and I don't think I had honestly visited in over 20 years. Great coffee at Lamkin Lane and the sea pool is all gussied up. I definitely want to go for a weekend when it's not school holidays! Great photo : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like a little R&R in your own backyard! I've never heard of this place but it looks and sounds relaxing spot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Caloundra, beautiful little sleepy village although I'm sure that's change in the past 4 or so years since I've been there! Always though a really good deli would do well there in the main street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah yes that looks my kind of break. a nice chilled glass of wine overlooking water. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...