Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Staycation

I'm on leave at the moment. Everyone at work wanted to know where I was going, what I was doing. I had to disappoint them as I was not going on a "holiday" per se. 


My friends and relatives also seem surprised I have taken leave for no particular reason, and that I'm not going away anywhere. 

Actually, I just needed a break. To not get up every week day, commute, work at a desk, and come home. The office grind can be wear you down, you know. 


So I'm taking a break for my health. My mental health as well as my physical! Offices are bad for your body ergonomicly, and my brain deserves a break from the usual merry-go-round of numbers and corporate politics. 


I will be visiting my mother at the farm, however, so that will get me out of the city at least. I look forward to a few days of quiet and being able to see the stars at night. 


Do you ever have a "do nothing" vacation?

1 comment:

  1. I like your little Staycation! Sometimes, you just gotta do nothing, ya know!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...