Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

It's Oh So Quiet


It's oh so still...


After six weeks, our house guests are now gone. It was a long stay by anyone's standards - but a good one all the same. However, I am ecstatic about one thing - the quiet.

The house is quiet again. When I get up, there's no noise. No one talking to me. When I come home, the same, unless hubby is there and he doesn't say too much most of the time. It's pretty amazing how much the noise level goes down when the number of people in a small house decreases. Or maybe not so amazing at all, when you think about it.

It's kind of the same feeling I get when I go to the farm, where the absence of traffic and background noise becomes noticable. When you can stand under a clear sky and marvel at the stars shining above so clear and bright and absolutely silent above.

I'm not comparing my house to the silence of a still winter's night in the country, but I never realised how much I missed the quiet until the noise was gone.

Are you a seeker of quiet moments? How do you achieve it in your life, noisy or not?

2 comments:

  1. House guests leaving is almost as good as the first two days after they arrive ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave quiet. Mostly I end up staying awake long after everyone else is asleep just to get my fix. This is not a good solution!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...