Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

Procrastinate for Australia


Last night as I brushed my teeth, I glanced over at my shower caddy and thought, just as I had every night for the last 6 months, that it was looking a bit shoddy. 

I made a promise to myself (for the hundredth time) to buy a new one. 

But I know I probably won't get around to it. There will be some excuse - I'm never at the shops, I don't have the money to spare this month, I can't find one I like...

Yet even when all excuses are rendered invalid I still won't buy one. Know how I know? Because two weeks ago I was standing in the $2 store looking at the same shower caddy that I have, had money in my pocket and still didn't buy it. I can't even remember the excuse I gave myself. Probably that I was in a hurry or something equally idiotic. 

I am a world-class procrastinator. I could procrastinate for Australia. Doesn't matter what it is; housework or bill-paying or present-buying, I will usually find a way to put it off in favour of something else. Sometimes for no logical reason!

As you can imagine, this impacts my life in ways that cause me stress later. I need to take a leaf out of Nike's book sometimes and just freaking do it. 

After the frenzy of Getting Things Done, I will give myself a pat on the back and them go back to being the Great Put-Offerer that I am. 

Do you procrastinate? How do you break the habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...