Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

A Day at the Beach

Last Friday, I got a text from one of my NSW cousins.

We're coming to the Gold Coast for the long weekend! Come see us!

So I drove down there to see them and their darling children. So did three of my other cousins, their partners and kids. It was a warm day - the water was much too cold for me, an aclimatised Brisbanite, but the kids all went in the surf and the pool.

I simply sat and enjoyed the feel of the super-fine white sand between my toes, watching the seagulls, lifeguards, tourists and even the surf rescue chopper go by. Pity I wasn't quick enough with the Nikon for that one.




I couldn't get over how many tall highrises there are at Surfers Paradise now. Much different from when my parents took me there when I was young!




Next time I will definately swim. If it's over 30 degrees. Ok, 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...