Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Giving myself a break

It's Sunday afternoon. I have been feeling like I have accomplished nothing.

I'm sitting here stuffing white toast into my gob and thinking that instead of reading blogs, I should be cooking some bulk meals to freeze or making a cake. Or doing some re-organizing in the dining room. Or dusting.

But seriously, I realised I should cut myself some slack. I haven't done nothing all day. Yes, I slept in quite a bit, but I have also:
- cooked myself lovely eggs for breakfast
- unpacked and repacked the dishwasher
- washed up
- scrubbed the sink
- vacuumed
- mopped
- done two loads of washing
- tried to create a tram scroll for my mother (with limited success)

And NOW... I have written this blog. Productive, no?

I think that some of the blogs I read and pins I see on Pinterest are starting to make me feel a little inadequate. I need to realise these people AREN'T perfect, their houses DON'T actually look like that, they don't REALLY bake a week's worth of meals in one day, their food shots are STYLED, their organisational tips are just TIPS and nobody can implement them all. In short, if I ever met a woman with a house like an interior design magazine who baked for her family, cooks freezer meals in advance, takes gorgeous photos of her meals, writes beautiful blogs about cooking, cleaning, styling, fashion and family I would probably run the other way. Because that woman is SCARY. And probably well on the way to a nervous breakdown.

So, I'm giving myself a break. Telling myself to be happy with what I've achieved today.

And now I will put another load in the dryer and make myself another cup of tea.



Do you get feelings of inadequacy from the internet?

2 comments:

  1. So nice to hear that you are recognising what you have achieved vs what you haven't. I find the same thing with Pinterest as well... and can feel a little overwhelmed with all the visual, cool, I want it stuff it houses. It's why I am mindful about how much time I spend on it. As much as I love it, it's just one tinsy part of many things that I turn to for inspiration and knowledge. Thanks for the read xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you are talking about. I AM that perfect person on Pinterest.... :P

    I get the inadequacy, particularly when it comes to my kids. I feel like I'm depriving them because we don't do all those super cool outings and activities those pinterest moms do.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...